Scott B. Greene
With more than 30 years of experience in all types of commercial litigation and transactional matters, Scott concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate and construction law.
He has worked with numerous noteholders, lenders, and CMBS special servicers in connection with a variety of real property secured loan workouts, non-judicial resolutions, guaranty enforcement actions, REO dispositions, loan modifications and restructurings, judicial and non-judicial foreclosures, deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure, receivership appointments, and commercial leasing contract preparation, review, and negotiation. He also has extensive experience in title and survey review and similar due diligence matters, commercial lease review and negotiation, and residential and commercial real estate closings.
In addition, Scott has handled a wide range of matters on a broad spectrum of both public and private construction projects, large and small, located throughout the United States. His work has included contract preparation and negotiation, bidding and other procurement issues, contract administration, and claim prosecution and defense utilizing a variety of alternative dispute resolution methods including mediation, arbitration and judicial trial. He regularly advises owners, developers, lenders, contractors, landlords and tenants, and other participants in the construction process with regard to various contract administration issues, such as design errors, change orders, cost overruns, delays, unforeseen conditions, performance issues, and defective work. Further, he helps clients in handling mechanics lien and bond claims, insurance coverage issues, takeover and liquidating arrangements, as well as terminations in an array of project workout and closeout situations.
Scott was a partner for fifteen years at the international law firm of Perkins Coie LLP in its Chicago office. In 2017, he decided to leave “Big Law” and join his wife, Terese, at Kessler & Keirnan. Scott values the opportunity he has to use his extensive experience to help clients achieve their needs and goals with the personal attention and cost-effectiveness of a boutique law practice. When Scott is not in the office, he enjoys spending his leisure time with his family, playing golf, and following the Chicago Bears and the Cubs.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D.
- Indiana University, B.A.
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent in Martindale-Hubbell*
- Listed in Illinois Super Lawyers, Illinois Law & Politics Magazine
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2018: Construction Law
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- NAHREP Chicago
- Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association
* AV Preeminent® — the highest Martindale-Hubbell attorney rating — is a certification mark used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.